Included in our CSA share last week were freshly shelled pecans! So I whipped up some of these super easy Sweet and Savory Roasted Nuts. We’ve been snacking on them all week. They’re great to have on hand.
Feel free to double or triple the recipe and store them in an airtight container to enjoy anytime. Also, I used pecans and walnuts because that’s what we had on hand, but almonds, cashews, brazil nuts – whatever you like will work great in this recipe too.
Sweet and Savory Roasted Nuts
- 1 heaping cup of raw pecans
- 1 heaping cup of raw walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons vegan butter melted (feel free to sub regular butter here if you eat dairy)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt (I like them REALLY salty, so I use 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of chopped fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish after roasting
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Put the nuts into a large mixing bowl and pour all remaining ingredients over the nuts. Give it a good stir.
Grease a baking sheet (or line with parchment paper) and pour nut mixture in a single layer onto your baking sheet. Place your baking sheet with the nuts in the oven for about 8-11 minutes. Beware – my oven starts to burn them after 9 minutes, make sure you check them out around 8 minutes in the oven. Pour in a shallow bowl and sprinkle with a bit more fresh rosemary. Enjoy!